Monday, March 9, 2009

How GREAT is Daylight Saving Time???

I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT! It's like you're getting out of work an hour earlier! I work til 7 and of course during the winter months, I leave the radio station when it's dark. Very depressing. It always seems so late and there is nothing to do but get ready to go to bed. But with the extra hour and with the sun beginning to set later, it will be added value to the day! Maybe take a bike ride with Hunter when I get home, maybe go fishing, maybe take a walk...who knows!

All I do know is that I don't think we should have to do the opposite ever again. I mean, wasn't Daylight Saving Time for farmers or something? Well, all farmers have tractors with lights on them now, so they can work longer anyway. I'm sure I am totally wrong...let me look it up on Wikipedia.....hold please.....

WIKIPEDIA EXPLANTION:
Adding daylight to afternoons benefits retailing, sports, and other activities that exploit sunlight after working hours, however, causes problems for farming, entertainment and other occupations tied to the sun.

Traffic fatalities are reduced when there is extra afternoon daylight; its effect on health and crime is less clear.

Although an early goal of DST was to reduce evening usage of incandencent lighting, formerly a primary use of electricity, modern heating and cooling usage patterns differ greatly, and research about how DST currently affects energy use is limited and often contradictory.
**********************************

So there you go....many reasons that we can abolish the return of the darkness!!! Where do I sign? Is there a petition anywhere?

-

No comments: